Feeling amazing shouldn’t be hard work; and if we try, we can make a huge difference to our general well-being and state of mind. Normally I would write an article that is all about the changes you can adopt in your life to help you to start feeling amazing the moment you choose to, but I know that at this time of year its not always easy and particularly considering we are still in lockdown.
However, regardless of what goes on in the outside world it is important to remember how special and unique in your own way and when you start to love what is - life feels so much better. I assure you that despite the pressure we may feel there are still simple things you can do to make a difference to your inner self.
- Identify 3 positive things that happened in your day and write them down. You can look back over these and see how much positivity you can/have achieved – it will be a great mood enhancer.
- Give yourself 15 minutes to write down why you value your close friends and family. This will give you perspective on you’re closest relationships and will help you recognise a sense of support that you may otherwise have overlooked.
- Say and think 3 positive things a day. Thinking and talking negatively will make you feel the opposite of amazing. Regardless of how good you may look on the outside, your negative energy will take away any potential spring that you could have had in your step!
- Try going to bed one hour earlier than usual, sleep is good for everybody. You will notice how much more vibrant and alive you feel.
- Spend an evening of watching your favourite movies, this is called movie therapy. Doing this can support you in appreciating the relationships you have in your life and further help you to clarify real life solutions to any problems you may have.
- Make sure you recharge for 15 minutes before attempting any home tasks after a long day out. This discipline will help you to move into the rest of your evening feeling relaxed and refreshed rather than strung out by seemingly never-ending festivities.
All too often in life we worry about the end result, get embarrassed by our efforts and give up. True change is about the process and not what it looks like. Be your own best friend not your own worst enemy and give yourself credit. Feel great that you have a choice to change how you feel and start making steps towards being amazing today.
Head over to YouTube and watch my Ted talk, Invisible No More – 5 Steps to being your best self. For further tips and tools download your free e-book ‘Just in time’ from www.mamtasaha.com, tune into Saha Mindset podcast on Spotify and follow me on Instagram: saha_mamta. Any questions, email: [email protected]