(Expressed opinions are personal.)
Except for essential public services and manufacturing jobs, most of the people are working from home. At this stage, it seems important to analyse our work schedule and productivity. Has it happened that even after having less work you feel exhausted at the end of the day? In that case, may be the following five tricks will help.
1. Check your schedule in the morning: Like those days when you were working in office, check your schedule of the day in the morning. See how many activities are in plan. Having an overview of the day will give real picture of engagements. Now think what free time is available at your disposal during the day.
2. Fill up free time in your schedule: Before, during and after office hours, fill it up with some productive activity. During the office hours, if there are no engagements, make a 'To Do' list where you can do the long pending works of decluttering mail box; go back to that request of a client which was not resolved; schedule a new project which will add value to organisation. But don't keep your schedule free.
3. Create an atmosphere of office: Fixing office and home time distinctly helps your brain to draw a clear demarcation. Use a designated place, preferably a chair and a desk during the office time. Earmark at least a corner for office. Do not sit there in night dress or shorts during the office hours. At least wear casual, if not formal clothes. Leave the place/desk after office hours when all tasks are finished.
4. Maintain discipline in work: You cannot enjoy a glass of wine with family during the office hours. Don't indulge into friendly gossips. Nor can you watch Netflix when there is no official meeting. Meet deadlines of every work. Be proactive and complete all tasks in its scheduled time. Do not drag office work by indulging in chatting with friends or watching TV. Such indiscipline in office work should be strictly avoided.
5. Give yourself free and relax time: Relaxed timeline may eat up your personal time. You will feel exhausted even while doing less work. To avoid it, when office is over, spend time with family and on your hobbies. Do your favourite activities and get in touch with your loved ones. Give yourself free time, relaxed time, family time and personal time. It is essential for your energy.