The High Commission of India, London has announced the outsourcing of visa, OCI, passport and select consular services to VFS effective from 1st March 2015.
VFS will be opening 14 application centres across UK for the convenience of applicants for Visa, OCI, Passport and other consular services. 10 offices will be operational from 2nd March 2015 and remaining 4 offices will be operational from 14th March 2015. It will introduce Online Appointment System for all services for the convenience of the applicants across the UK. All applicants will be required to book an appointment online to submit their applications at the respective India application centres, as per the jurisdictions below. No applications via post will be accepted at High Commission of India, and its respective consulates in Birmingham and Edinburgh or at the Applications Centres managed by VFS across UK from 14th March 2015.
Applicants who wish to submit their applications at any of the 3 offices in London (Goswell Road, Hounslow, Paddington), Bristol, Cardiff and Belfast must select UK- London as Jurisdiction, while filling the application form Online for Visa, OCI and Indian Passport Services, whereas applicants wish to submit their applications at offices in Birmingham, Leicester, Manchester, Liverpool, Bradford and Newcastle must select UK- Birmingham as Jurisdiction, while filling the application form Online for Visa, OCI and Indian Passport Services. Applicants residing in Scotland who wish to submit their applications in Edinburgh or Glasgow must select UK-Edinburgh as Jurisdiction, while filling the application form Online for Visa, OCI and Indian Passport Services.
Services available at application centres will also include multilingual staffs, waiting lounge, photo booth, photo copy, and passport return by secured courier, information helpdesk, and internet kiosk facilities.
For further details please visit VFS Website http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/. Detailed information about all services will be available from 23rd February 2015 onwards.
Consular Services for which applications are required to be submitted at VFS Centres
- Attestation of Documents (Birth/Death/Marriage/Educational Certificates etc.)
- Attestation of Commercial Documents/ Company Documents
- Attestation of Documents for Making Application for Allotment of Director Identification Number (DIN)
- Attestation of Documents for Making Application for Allotment of Permanent Account Number (PAN) in respect of UK Based Companies or Individuals
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- NRI Certificate/NRI Parity Certificate
- Attestation of Copy of Indian Passport or any Other Miscellaneous Certificate (s) based on Indian Passport
- Attestation of Sponsorship Letter for Visit of a Person from India to the UK
- Certificate for Transporting Human Ashes/ Human Remains to India.
Consular Services for which applications are required to be submitted in person at the Consular Section of the High Commission of India, London or CGI, Edinburgh or CGI Birmingham
- Attestation of Power of Attorney (PoA)/Affidavit (s) relating to Civil Matters
- Attestation of Power of Attorney (PoA)/Affidavit (s) relating to Property/ Financial Matters
- Execution of Will/ Gift Deed
- Life Certificate for Pension Purpose or for any Other Purpose
- Certificate for Transporting Dead Bodies to India
- Sworn Affidavit for Issuance of Passport to a Minor Child Residing in India
- Birth registration of Children eligible for Indian nationality
- Solemnization/Registration of Marriage under the Foreign Marriage Act, 1969
Introduction of Biometrics, Appointments to submit application for Visa, Passport, OCI and Consular Services
The Government of India is rolling out Biometric Data Collection for Indian Visa globally and has already implemented this in several countries. This is part of the larger IVFRT (Indian Visa and Foreigners Registration and Tracking) Programme.
With effect from March 14, 2015, all applicants will be required to book an appointment online to submit their applications at VFS Application Centres (14). Applicants will be able to book an appointment on VFS Website www.in.vfsglobal.co.uk at the time of filing online application forms.
Biometric Data collection, including fingerprint data and facial imagery will be a mandatory requirement for all visa applicants soon. As a result, all visa applicants will need to first apply online and, thereafter, be physically present (mandatorily) at India Visa and Consular Services centres, by appointment, for submission of visa application and biometric data enrolment.
Diplomatic and Official passport holders, travelling on official purposes, are exempt from applying at India Visa and Consular Services centres and may lodge their applications directly at the High Commission of India in London or its Consulates General of India in Birmingham and Edinburgh, as per the Consular jurisdiction.
The new online appointment system will be applicable from 16th March 2015.
- With effect from 16th March 2015, all Visa, Passport, OCI, Consular Services at VFS Application Centres in London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Manchester, Liverpool, Bradford, Newcastle, Belfast, Cardiff, Bristol, Glasgow and Leicester will be granted on the basis of appointments only.
- Applicants must book an online appointment for all Services (Visa, Passport, OCI, and Consular Services) before visiting VFS Application Centres.
- Only one person/applicant is allowed per appointment. For family applications each applicant will be required to book a separate appointment.
- Appointment can be booked by visiting after completion of the Online Form via VFS website: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/
- All applicants will be required to bring the printout of the appointment letter along with the application form at the time of submission. No applications will be accepted without appointment after 16th March 2014.
- All applicants must reach at the above VFS Application centres 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment.
- No applications will be accepted by post.
In case of Medical Emergency, applicants can visit the VFS application centres in person to submit the application without appointment, with documentary evidence and processing time will apply.
For further details see: www.hcilondon.in