Confederation of Indian industry (CII) and Confederation of British Industry (CBI), have jointly organised a conference on 8th July to deliberate the economic cooperation agenda, post UK elections and post one year of the new Indian government.
With Indian Prime Minister Modi’s first year of government just completed and a clear win for British Prime Minister David Cameron in the General Elections, time is ripe for the two economies to come together to affirm their commitment and strengthen their trade and investment ties.
The conference at the Taj St James's will deliberate some of the most important economic issues in the bilateral agenda and examine the future bilateral engagement strategies of both countries, especially focusing on opportunities for business enhancement and collaboration. It will feature remarks by High Commissioner of India to the UK Shri Ranjan Mathai, British Deputy High Commissioner Kumar Iyer, President of CII Sumit Mazumder, Director General of the CBI John Cridland and Director General of CII Chandrajit Banerjee.
A business panel will follow discussing emerging opportunities for India-UK collaboration. A high-level CII CEOs delegation visiting from India, will also be participating at the conference.
The event will also be celebrating CII’s 120th and CBI’s 50th anniversary.
The list of CII-CEOs delegates will include:
- Mr Sumit Mazumder, President, CII and Chairman and Managing Director TIL Limited
- Dr Naushad Forbes, President Designate, CII and Director Forbes Marshall Private Limited
- Mr Chandrajit Banerjee, Director General, Confederation of Indian Industry
- Mr Sanjiv Bajaj, Managing Director Bajaj Finserv Limited
- Dr Rajiv I Modi, Chairman and Managing Director Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Mr Sunil Kant Munjal, Past President, CII and Chairman, Hero Corporate Service Limited
- Mr Shaurya V Himatsingka, National Chairman, Yi and Deputy Managing Director India Carbon Ltd
- Mr Rajan Navani, Managing Director, Jetline Group of Companies
- Mr Rajive Kaul, Past President, CII and Chairman, Nicco Corporation Limited
- Mr Salil Singhal, Chairman and Managing Director PI Industries Limited
- Mr Sudhir Mehta, Chairman and Managing Director Pinnacle Industries Limited
- Ms Rajshree Pathy, Chairman and Managing Director Rajshree Sugars and Chemicals Limited
- Mr Sunil Mathur, Managing Director and CEO Siemens Limited
- Mr Sunil Kaushal, Regional Chief Executive Officer- India and South Asia Standard Chartered Bank
- Mr R Mukundan, Managing Director Tata Chemicals Limited
- Mr Dhruv M Sawhney, Past President, CII and Chairman and Managing Director Triveni Engineering and Industries Limited
- Mr Raghu Kailas, National Vice Chairman, Yi and Vice Chairman and Managing Director Unimo Exports Pvt Limited
- Mr Shekhar Datta, Past President, CII and Director Wockhardt Limited