In the heart of the UK's vibrant Indian community, Bhadran Bandhu Samaj UK (BBS UK), a charitable trust with roots dating back to 1982, orchestrated a grand celebration that left over 400 attendees filled with joy, camaraderie, and an essential health message. The BBS UK Family Picnic was not just a testament to their unwavering commitment to preserving culture and values, but also to their tireless dedication to advancing the well-being of the Gujarati community residing in the United Kingdom, the picnic was held at the Kingsbury High School on their vast grounds and amenities.
A Gathering of Distinction
The picnic was a vibrant tapestry of individuals, representing the spectrum of the Gujarati community. Among the attendees were esteemed signatories, generous sponsors, dedicated supporters, Volunteers and numerous committee members hailing from various Chha Gams. It was a testimony to the unity and shared purpose that lie at the very core of Bhadran Bandhu Samaj UK and its team of hardworking key office bearers and executive committee members.
Championing Diabetes Awareness
This year's picnic stood out for its resolute commitment to promoting Diabetes Awareness, in association with Lions Club of Sudbury presided by Dharmeshbhai Desai. The event featured on-site doctors and nursing staff who provided blood tests and invaluable guidance on diabetes prevention and management.
No Indian gathering is complete without a culinary journey that tantalises the taste buds and celebrates the rich tapestry of flavours. The BBS UK Family Picnic is delivered on this front with a sumptuous array of Indian vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. From fragrant curries to mouth-watering starters, Pizzas and chips, and ice cream, the culinary offerings were a vivid testament to the rich gastronomic heritage of the Indian community.
The success of the BBS UK Family Picnic was made possible through the unwavering support of sponsors and donors who have been the backbone of community initiatives:
- Asian Voice and Gujarat Samachar: These esteemed publications not only sponsored the event but also played a pivotal role in its promotion. Their presence underscored their commitment to championing community causes.
- Farsan: A special acknowledgement goes to Mr. Naineshbhai Patel, Chairman of Farsan, who generously contributed most of the delectable starters. His philanthropic spirit extended further as he made a substantial contribution toward the development of Bhadran Gaam in India under the BBS UK banner.
- Uneek Freight Forwarders: The presence of directors Avinashbhai, Rajubhai, and Prakashbhai, with their families from this global freight company, highlighted their unwavering support for BBS UK events.
- Mr and Mrs Mukeshbhai K Patel of KMP Group: Their enduring support for BBS UK was evident, and their presence was greatly appreciated.
- Dipak Kumar A Patel, P K Patel, Tanu Patel, Devendrabhai R Patel, Jagrutbhai J Patel and Anita Patel and Aarti Patel, all committee and family members for their generous donations and services.
- Veer Catering: Our sincere thanks to our caterer who provided us with the most delicious food during the whole event.
Celebrating C B Patel, a visionary
C B Patel, a founding member of Bhadran Bandhu Samaj UK and a native of Bhadran Gaam, graced the event with his presence. His legacy and philosophy have been instrumental in the growth and success of the organisation. His attendance underscored his enduring commitment to family values and community welfare.