Flip phones are back in fashion. It is not the Motorolas of 2000s but a Samsung product, Galaxy Z Flip, which is a tall smartphone folding in half.
There is a small 1.1inch screen on the lid of the device adjacent to the main camera. It shows the time, the battery charge and notifications. When you unfold it, it has a 6.7 inch screen making it appear similar to a normal Samsung android. The Galaxy Z Flip has Qualcomm’s top-of-the-range chip from late 2019, the Snapdragon 855+, not this year’s top chip, the Snapdragon 865. It also has 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage, which isn’t expandable with microSD.
- Main screen: 6.7in FHD+ AMOLED Infinity Flex Display (425ppi)
- Cover screen: 1.1in AMOLED (303ppi)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+
- RAM: 8GB of RAM
- Storage: 256GB (UFS 3.0)
- Operating system: One UI 2.1 based on Android 10
- Camera: Dual rear camera: 12MP wide angle, 12MP ultra-wide angle, 10MP front-facing camera
- Connectivity: 4G, nano sim + esim, Wi-Fiac, NFC, Bluetooth 5 and GPS
- Weight: 183g
- Available from: £1,300
The Galaxy Z Flip lasts about 27 hours between charges of medium to heavy usage.